Spain is waiting for you with various strange dishes with modest origin. Marmitako is one of the strange fish dishes which you can enjoy in the Cantabrian beach. If you go for fishing in the Cantabrian sea, you will see many people with this delicious dish for their breakfast as well as for lunch.
You will find Marmitako as a simple and popular dish which is prepared with onions, potatoes, tomatoes and pimientos. It is the dish for winter season which is completely fatless, you can have it in any time which doesn’t affect your health. It is a nutritious dish with simple ingredients which you can generally take in your long water trip. It will be great with crisp white wine and chilled.
White tuna fish
Chopped Potatoes, Small Onions
Red pepper paste, Green capsicum
Chopped garlic cloves
Black pepper, salt
Slices of bread, Olive oil
Preparation of Marmitako
1. wash the tuna fish and all the vegetables with clean water and take out the bone and skin of the fish.
2. Put the olive oil in a pot and make it hot with medium flame. Add the onion in the oil and fry it until it becomes soft.
3. Add the sliced tomatoes and the pieces of capsicum on the fried onion and fry it about 10 minutes.
4. Put a bit water from over and cover it until it boils.
5. Spray a little bit salt in the boiled water and add the pieces of boiled potatoes by breaking it with the hands.
6. Add other ingredients such as garlic, and other vegetables what you want and boil it until it become soft.
7. Add the sliced bread and the pieces of tuna fish in the mixture of vegetables which makes the stew thicker.
8. Season the pieces of tuna fish with peppers and salt and let it cook for 10 minutes until the fish become soft. Now, enjoy your marmitako with different dishes as you want.
You will have a great fun with this traditional seafood in spain with different experiences. Marmitako will keep you fit and fine during your spain trip, you don’t have to worry about your health, your beat doctor is always with you.